Date(s) - 05/22/2022
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Bring whatever you’re working on: a dummy book, sketches, finished artwork, even your portfolio. You’ll be teamed up with fellow illustrators for feedback.
Bring a Onigiri, lunch, blanket, chair (if you prefer), and something to drink. Register below for more info about specific meeting locations.
Masking is encouraged. Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be provided.
Sunday, May 22, 2022
11am – 1pm. (PST)
Julliard Park, Santa Rosa, CA
Sunday, June 5th, 2022
11am – 1pm (PST)
Dolores Park, San Francisco, CA
Annie Ruygt is an author and illustrator living in Ukiah, California. She has been a member of SCBWI for over 10 years and loves getting to know new people. She also loves gardening, cooking, singing, and learning latin. Email: email@example.com
Zu Gong is an illustrator and teacher based in Northern California. She is enthusiastic about experimenting with digital drawing as well as creating stories for young children. Being able to speaking both Mandarin and English, she hopes to connect with people and bring joy to the SCBWI community that supports and lifts one another up. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Our Community’s Health
- — This in-person event is limited to 23 attendees.
- — People who are sick or have symptoms should not attend this event.
- — Refunds to in-person events are possible if you become sick and are unable to attend, even if you must cancel the day of the event. Email your RA to make your request.
- — SCBWI is not responsible for health outcomes.
Policy for Minimizing Covid Risk during SCBWI Region Events
To minimize the risk of Covid-19 at all SCBWI in-person events with more than 25 attendees, event organizers are required to implement one of the following attendance policies:
- — Require attendees to submit proof of vaccination, or proof of a negative PCR test taken no earlier than three days prior to the event, as a condition of attendance. Proof of vaccination or negative PCR test must be provided no later than three days prior to the event, or,
- — Limit in-person attendance to those who provide proof of vaccination prior to the event, while also providing a virtual component of the event that allows those who are not vaccinated to participate.
At any SCBWI in-person event, regardless of the number of attendees, organizers must offer each attendee a free disposable mask, provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the event area, and post this policy in its entirety in areas visible to attendees.
Comments regarding this policy should be directed to SCBWI headquarters by emailing email@example.com. Include your name and contact information in order to receive a response.