Date(s) - 07/09/2020
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Reach, Include, Belong — Equity & Inclusion in Children’s Literature
Creative Tapestry of Voices (TOV) Zoom Meet Up in Solidarity with Black Lives Matter
Date: Thursday, July 9
Time: 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Where: Online Zoom Event
Topic: We will write, draw, and create in solidarity with Black Lives Matter.
Join the Tapestry of Voices community for an evening of writing, drawing, sharing, healing, and action for greater equity and justice in our art and in our world.
1. Meet & Greet
2. Writing/Drawing Prompt for Healing
3. Sharing Ideas for Social Justice Action
What is Tapestry of Voices?
An initiative in SCBWI North/East Bay for those who want to REACH, INCLUDE, and BELONG by:
• Creating children’s literature that reflects the rich tapestry of the world and the diversity of all the people who live in it.
• Celebrating all voices, and finding ways to center under-represented voices in our professional conversations, organization, and work.
• Supporting each other’s careers across all identities and experiences.
FREE EVENT! All children’s book writers and illustrators from all regions are welcomed.
Co-hosted by Natasha Tripplett and Michelle Quraishi.
To register to receive Zoom link, or it’s if you have any questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.